Thursday, December 07, 2006

Christmas Spirit


I wasn't too much in the christmas spirit this year. Maybe it's because Shelby is getting older and so are the other nieces and nephews we have in the family. All the fun Christmas traditions we had, they are growing out of. Or maybe cause I feel like its a race and I'm making myself rush to the finish line. The finish line being Christmas day. I put up the Christmas tree but not with all the bangs and whistles I would normally. It took me 4 days and I ended up saving away alot of the decorations I would have normally displayed.

Well, last night I heard "O' Tannenbaum" by Vince Guaraldi and for some reason it just put me in the ole Christmas Spirit! I don't know if it was because is sparked a childhood christmas-y feeling of when I would await all year to watch Charlie Brown Christmas and all the magic that the season held or if it has some kind of Grinch-ish heart en-larger, but I needed that CD!

So, for lunch today I went out to get this:

Then I ran into a holiday display which led me to:


which then led to:

ultimately ending with:

Can you just SMELL the Christmas Spirit? Yeah, I know, you wish you were at my house this weekend.

No comments: