Monday, July 24, 2006

Quilting...on a Sunday afternoon

So, Sunday, I decided to do something with the huge stack of un-wearable, un-usable jeans I had in the 3rd bedroom. I have at least 30 pairs that I have been saving to do something crafty with. Mom gave me a really good idea to make a blue jean quilt out of them. Seems pretty easy. Just a bunch of squares and sewing straight lines. Has to be easy for any beginner. I borrowed her rotary blade, cutting mat and 6" square template and got to cutting. I sat on the floor of the living room so I could cut them up while I watched TV. Got some good movies in but when it was all said and done, I cut 124 6" squares. One hundred. Twenty four. Squares. Believe it or not, I am SO sore today! I guess it was the whole sitting on the floor using cutting muscles I haven't in a long time. Its all over sore! Who knew quilting was a full contact hobby. I bet moma is really in shape. I'll post pictures at a later date. There wasn't enough light to take any when I was finished cutting those 124 squares. Did I mention I cut 124 6" squares?

No comments: